![]() |
| Eisenhower and his grandson David at the Eisenhower Farm in 1966. |
In other news, I was lucky, as a senior, to be asked to pick a book from Musselman Library to have plated in my room. Naturally, I picked a book relating to history - Dwight Eisenhower's second memoir Waging Peace. After my experiences with Eisenhower in my senior seminar, the Garthwait Leadership Institute, a program in the Eisenhower Institute, studying the Little Rock crisis for a class project, visiting his farm for fun and for a class, and various lectures/speeches on or involving him, I thought it appropriate to leave my name in the book of someone whose legacy has shaped my time at Gettysburg. The funny thing is, after I made the decision, Amy and I were looking at the 1950s slides and we saw some of Eisenhower campaigning in Gettysburg in 1952! What a coincidence. I have to say, after four years, I have grown attached to him.
I look forward in the next month to completing the finding aid for the journal and re-housing all (or as many as I can) slides!

No comments:
Post a Comment